Moi

Wednesday 1 June 2011

Work Experience

So this week, I am doing some work experience at the South Wales Argus. I started off the week being pretty open minded as to what I would be expected to do there, but as the week has unfolded, it has become apparent that I am expected to do more than I thought probable for work experience, which, for me, is fantastic.
Yesterday was my first day at the South Wales Argus in Newport. I arrived at the building and was invited into the newsroom. It was what I would expect from a typical newsroom, lots of phone's ringing, people talking and keybords clicking. The people there are lovely, and I was looked after very well, with members of staff offering me cups of tea every half an hour.
All I could think all day yesterday was, what an amazing job this would be. I am so passionate about becoming a Journalist already, but yesterday made my dream a reality when I was asked to write a feature article about Glastonbury 2011. My article will be published in Friday's issue of the Argus, I think. How exciting.
When I had finished my article, I was asked to go out with the photographer which was so much fun. We drove around Newport town centre taking pictures for articles, and I even had to pose for an article on the rise in student fees at Newport University.
Me, pretending to read a book.

So today brought as many surprises as yesterday, if not more. I arrived at the office  and patiently waited to be given another article to write. I was handed a digital camera, a notepad and a pen, and was told to venture out on my own to interview the students of Newport University about their thoughts on Glastonbury. I have to say, I enjoy being thrown in at the deep end, as it made my day that much more enjoyable, even if I did get back to the office an hour late because I got lost. Typical me. I hope tomorrow will bring more excitement, because I am thoroughly enjoying my stay at The South Wales Argus, and to be honest, I don't want this week to end!

TTYL,
Glitter
x

No comments:

Post a Comment