Moi

Wednesday 25 May 2011

A bit of an ole' let down?

Pirates of the Caribbean has always been one of my weaknesses when it comes to cheesy Disney films, probably because The Curse of the Black Pearl was so amazingly good. However, the latest of the Pirate instalment On Stranger Tides, was a slight let down for me, as I felt that it was what I call, a 'bum ache' film.


 I can't fault Johnny Depp, as he is pretty much the love of my life. I felt his jokes and personality definately rescued the film from an early death, you know, people demanding their money back, leaving the cinema and throwing popcorn at the screen on their way out. However, Penelope Cruz is no Kiera Knightly, and in my eyes, failed to make a convincing pirate.
The film seemed to keep covering old grounds, the storyline was slightly different but too similar to previous films, and the adventure seemed that much less exciting. I did, however, go to see the film in IMAX 3D, (which I didn't even know existed,) and thoroughly enjoyed the special effects and crystal clear picture.
So basically, I feel like a scrooge. I enjoyed the film, but not half as much as I expected to, and I think thats why I was so let down. Let's hope the new director of the Pirates films can come back with a better storyline next time.
Am I being too critical? Hmm. Let me know what you thought of the film. Was it worth a yo ho ho and a bottle of rum, or should we give up and sing It's a Pirates life for me?

TTYL,
Glitter
x

No comments:

Post a Comment